Old 09-05-2003, 07:20 PM
Sam Hopkins

Default Enlighten me please....

Dont use tap water either unless you have well water. The "bugs" are
bacteria and city tap water contains chlorine which as you know is meant to
kill "bugs". =)

Sam

"Bonnie Espenshade" wrote in message
Szpond wrote:
Thank you so much for your help. But, if I clean my bio-filter, don't I

loose
all my "bugs"? It took me HOURS to clean all those little scrubby pads

last
year. Store wanted $125 for new ones, so I spent the hours doing it.

Perhaps
I should put something in the bio-filter that is easier to clean? I

will do a
water change now.

When I say clean the filter, I don't mean scrub - I mean
rinse with pond water. Fill a large bucket with pond water
and swish the pads, this way you don't loose the "bugs". If
the pads are clogged they can't filter anyway.

--
Bonnie
NJ