Old 09-05-2003, 07:44 PM
Theo Asir

Default which Felco would you recommend?

I'm with you on this one.
I always thought Felco was
way over priced.

My present shears I picked up
for $5-6 from home depot 5 years ago.

I has a nitride cutting blade I've never
sharpened. All metal parts with nice
soft grips. I use it to prune dead wood
and even woody growth.
Since its only 5 bucks
I don't worry about damaging it.

I've even left it out in the rain
several times. No effect.

I didn't particularly like the looks
and it looks cheap but man is it
easy to use.

--
Theo in Zone 5
Kansas City

"FOW" wrote in message
I think Felcos are crappy shears. I have many pair of Shears Felcos, ( #
2's ) Coronas ,All kinds of them. I feel these are the best you can get.
Made by Florian, they look cheap and feel kinda cheap , until you use them
for a day or 2. They have a LIFETIME warranty. I go to the local county

fair
and they give me a new pair every year, even if their not broke OR dull.

You
can cut up to your thumb size..........1/2 - 5/8 in Dia. With ONE finger
only. They also cut closer to the cane at just the right spot. I must have
given away 25 pair to older friends, who LOVE them. They want 35 bucks on
their website but I get them for about 25 bucks. I have their Maxi-

Loppers
and can cut up to my wrist size with one finger on the handle. WAY faster
than a chainsaw............hell of a lot safer too.
Keep them sharp with a few strokes of a Diamond file every 2 months and I
believe you'll Never touch a pair of over priced Felco's again. Here's the
link to see them , I think they call them 701 hand pruners.
http://www.florianratchetcut.com/pruningtools/
"Cass" wrote in message
JAC wrote:

I want to get a Felco for my wife for Mother's day. She has avg size

hands,
rt handed, and some problems with arthritis. These would be to prune

roses,
as opposed to cutting the flowers, if that makes a difference.

I wear a size 7 glove, medium large for women. My Felcos are No. 7,
with the rotating, ergonomic arm, which I love (Thanks, Allegra). Get
her those. The blades are big enough to be effective, and yet that
rotating arm makes the tool work for your hand instead of vice versa.