Old 09-05-2003, 11:20 PM
Tom L. La Bron

Default Lilies don't like moving water

Joe,

Like the rest, I have heard this, but in my pond
the lily pads are every where, and sometime in
direct contact with the cascade and I have never
seen them show me in any way that they dislike it
as far as I have noticed.

None of the pots are directly under the cascade
but they are right next to it and so do get direct
effect of water flow in proximity of the pot and
this has never prevented them from growing like
the dickens or stopped their blooming. So
needless to say, I don't know where this
information came about unless they are talking
about the Amazon Lilies that produce pads that are
6 to 9 feet across and I do know that they say
flow is not good for these plants.

Tom L.L.
================================
"joe" wrote in message
I've seen it mentioned a few times here and also

read in books that water
lilies don't like moving water. So, the question

arises, if you are supposed
to move the entire volume of your pond through

whatever filter you are using
every one to two hours, how can you not have

moving water? I think I'm
around a water change very 1.5 hours and would

call that noticeably moving
water; no waves or anything, but moving along.

Clearly, I don't have lilies in the stream or

under my waterfall, but I do
in my main pond.

Enquiring minds are looking askance for some

insight.

Joe

Usenet News =-----
http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup