Old 10-05-2003, 12:08 AM
ogglet

Default Duck's Nest Found

Moscovy duck egs are whte (and so are a few others), slightly bigger than
"Hen" eggs. The duck will return & lay until 14 or so eggs are in the nest
(if its a Moscovy) They will hatch in approx 1 month. However Moscovies are
notorious for laying infertile eggs (No Male), But the female will sit on
them nontheless for a month before giving up.

If you see a male & female (look the same) then you will be in for an
entertaining month or two.

ogglet
"Anthony E Anson" wrote in message
The message
from "Martin Sykes" contains these words:

I had ducks (mallard) eggs in a nest by my old pond but they were a pale
green colour. I don't know about other ducks but maybe goose eggs would

be
more likely?

I think he might have mentioned the size of them in that case.

--
Tony
Replace solidi with dots to reply: tony/anson snailything zetnet/co/uk

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi