Old 10-05-2003, 03:56 AM
Cereoid-UR12

Default The bee balm from hell

If you transplant it to near the chicken coop, it will probably spend all
year choking the chicken!!!!

If you want to get rid of it , why not move the strawberry plants and take
down the fence so the deer can get rid of it for you?

Dan wrote in message
The bee balm has been transplanted from my strawberry patch for 3
YEARS, and EVERY spring it re-appears, easily choking the
strawberries. I had originally planted the bee balm in the protected
(fenced-off) area so deer wouldn't get it, but it has become a major
pain. Anyone who plants monarda / bee balm near strawberries is
asking for serious trouble (even worse than what ground ivy does).

Dan