Old 10-05-2003, 05:20 AM
Chas Hurst

Default overgrown grass with seeds

wrote in message
"Chas Hurst" wrote:
wrote in message

The seed on top is your enemy,cuz it's annual grass.

Does perennial grass make seed? When?

Chas Hurst

When it gets way too tall to cut. Your lawn will not re-seed
itself,if you have desirable turfgrasses. At least not in my
climate zone.

That seed you're looking at will germinate in the fall,after
those plants have been dead most of the summer. It's called
poa annua,it's really hard to deal with. It freaks out the
greens-keeper's.

Balan offers some limited control,but timing is everything.

Oh..and beware of root pruning.

OK, That short stuff making seed is annual, and the long stuff (I have grass
growing where I can't mow) is perennial.
What is root pruning? Cutting the grass too short?

Chas