Old 10-05-2003, 07:32 AM
Archimedes Plutonium

Default help identify this groundcover

I have begun to wonder what this groundcover is. It grows profusely in
shaded
areas underneath trees. In South Dakota nearby to Iowa. It has a sort of
roundish
leaf and almost a perfect circle only lobes around the circle. It has a
purple-blue
flower and makes such a nice appearance that from a distance it looks
like a
field of irises. In fact some of my irises in bloom look like these
patches of this
groundcover.

The groundcover is so low to the ground that the mower does little harm
it. I consider it an asset and not a weed.

Anyone know what this groundcover is? It grows in shady patches under
trees
in my lawns.

Archimedes Plutonium,
of the electron-dot-cloud are galaxies