Old 10-05-2003, 12:20 PM
Steve

Default Bamboo in Southern Indiana?

An interesting fact I read in a National Geographic magazine many years ago
so I assume it is true. Bamboo may only bloom once about every 100 years,
and when it does bloom, that species, wherever it is will bloom all over the
world. Wild!

"Jim" wrote in message
I've been somewhat intrigued by bamboo since I was
a little guy. It seems like it has so many uses,
from eating, to fishing rods, to piping in remote
areas.

So the question is, how well does it grow in
southern Indiana? We live in Bloomington, Indiana
which is about 50 miles SSW of Indianapolis. We
have heavy clay soil.

Input would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Jim