Old 10-05-2003, 01:08 PM
Dwayne

Default possum help needed

Would the tin collar keep them in the tree so they cant get into your yard?
They must like something that you have in your yard, unless everyone in your
neighborhood has the same problem.

You might get on the internet and type in "get rid of possums" and see what
comes up. I did that with squash bugs and learned how to control them from
a college in Oklahoma.

Good luck. Dwayne

"Emma" wrote in message
u...
Sounds good Len, the only problem is they don't get up the tree via the
trunk. They run across the power lines then into the tree.

"len brauer" wrote in message
g'day emma,

yes shooting is out of the question whether you live in suburbia or
not, they are a protected species. you could contact your local
councilor or ring the EPA office they are able to make decisions to
trap and relocate protected animals.

not sure if this will work but you could put a tin collar around the
trunk of the tree, flat sheet tin around 18 to 20 inches wide and long
enough to surround the trunk can be purchased from most hardware
stores or plumbing supplies. this collar should cover the tree trunk
from about 1.5 meters above ground level and above that to the width
of the tin, you can buy aluminium as well.

keep us informed

len

snipped
--
happy gardening

"in the end ya' gotta do what ya' gotta do" but consider others and the

environment
http://hub.dataline.net.au/~gardnlen/