Old 10-05-2003, 01:56 PM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Default Snakes!

Sadly, I think garter snakes don't hunt at night.

If, however, it is in the pond at night, it will show up nicely in the
flashlight. We have a neighborhood lake and occasionally have to remove
cotton mouth's from it so they don't hit kids who play in the lake. My
'boys' (then teens, now 23 to 32) would light them at night with a bright
flashlight and then gig them with a trebble hook, pull them to shore, and
smash the heads. Dangerous, but effective. We never went after them in the
day.

-J
Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per child) at: jogathon.net
wrote in message
oh good... our garter snake just got out of its terrarium .. I will let

my DH do the
hunting with flashlight. Ingrid

"Phyllis and Jim Hurley" wrote:

This may not be nice, but air rifles are extremely effective when you

must
choose between snake and fish.

Night can be a very good time to catch some snakes. Their eyes are easy

see with a flashlight.

Good luck!