Old 10-05-2003, 06:32 PM
Dan

Default Squash growing

On Fri, 9 May 2003 14:06:53 +0000 (UTC), "Jayne"
wrote:

Can I grow squash in a container? I want to plant some Patty Pan squash &
wondered if they'd grow in a container if I tied them up a cane wigwam?

This might sound crazy at first, but I've been thinking of putting a 5
gallon pot of squash on the rooftop, cuz I dont have any other place
to put them this year

I have some scrap wood lying around, and was gonna cut the legs so
they slanted with the roof and thus the platform would be flat. Heck,
if a roof is designed to hold several tons of snow, it should handle 2
or 3 five-gallon pots no sweat.

Dan