Old 24-01-2003, 10:45 PM
David Hare-Scott

Default Best groundcover for Active DogS

"jammer" wrote in message
On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 11:27:44 -0500, David Modine
wrote:

We just fenced in an area in our backyard for our 3 dogs. We do walk
them on a path through the woods whenever practical, but during cold
weather or for midnight potty breaks the back yard will be "the

spot".
Right now, a lot of the fenced in area is lawn, which I'm sure will

need
to be changed this spring.
We plan on putting in new beds along the fence, with lots of climbing
flowering vines, inside the fence along the southern exposed property
line.
I'm hoping to come up with some sort of nice hardy groundcover. I'm

not
too fond of pachysandra or ivy. Vinca's OK, but would prefer

something a
bit more unusual.
Suggestions?

David

HI David,
I dont know where you are. Unusual, huh? So not honeysuckle. Trumpet
vine? Morning glory? Bougainvilleas?

Bougainvillea as a ground cover, well that is unusual. Should ensure
that dogs don't go there unless they are bursting, there won't be any
bounding about or harrassing the postman with a yard full of that
between the front door and the letterbox.

David