Old 11-05-2003, 12:08 AM
Jeff Guay

Default Sprinkler pressure problems

Hi,
This new house we bought has existing inground lawn sprinklers. I turned
them on for the first time today and it appears there are 7 zones with 5
rotor heads apiece. Unfortunately they do not spray very far. (some only
10 feet) I feel that it is because my house is on a pump. The pump shows
about 33 lbs of static pressure. Also the line appears to be 3/4" not 1".
Can I correct this by adding a booster pump to the sprinkler system? Will
it work with another pump?
I designed and installed the sprinkler system at our last house and it
worked great, however we were on city water at 90 psi.
The lawn here is beautiful sod and I don't want to have to dig it all up.
Please help.
Thanks,
Jeff