Old 11-05-2003, 01:32 AM
Vox Humana

Default Bamboo in Southern Indiana?

"Jim" wrote in message
I've been somewhat intrigued by bamboo since I was
a little guy. It seems like it has so many uses,
from eating, to fishing rods, to piping in remote
areas.

So the question is, how well does it grow in
southern Indiana? We live in Bloomington, Indiana
which is about 50 miles SSW of Indianapolis. We
have heavy clay soil.

Input would be appreciated.

There is a bamboo nursery just north of Cincinnati. If we can grow it here,
you can grow it in southern Indiana. Here is link. You might contact them
and/or visit. They are only a few minutes from Paramount's King's Island.
http://www.burtonsbamboogarden.com/