Old 11-05-2003, 01:32 AM
Tegan

Default Bamboo in Southern Indiana?

"Jim" wrote:
how well does it [bamboo] grow in southern Indiana? We live in
Bloomington, Indiana which is about 50 miles SSW of Indianapolis.
We have heavy clay soil.

Jim: I'm in Wisconsin - zone 4 to 5, so even a little colder than
where you are. There are a couple of *clumping* bamboos that will
grow up here. I haven't ordered any yet, myself, but I think I'm
talking myself into it for this year, even though I don't know where
I'm going to put it. In addition to the two links the other responder
provided, there is a newsgroup devoted to bamboo - if your ISP doesn't
have it, find it via Google's Groups: Rec.gardens.bamboo.

Good luck, have fun!

Tegan