Old 11-05-2003, 02:20 AM
Jeff Guay

Default Sprinkler pressure problems

Unfortunately I think the system was installed by the previous homeowner, so
I can't go back on him.

"Oscar_lives" wrote in message
.net...
Call the installer of the sprinkler system and make them correct it.

"Jeff Guay" wrote in message
t...
Hi,
This new house we bought has existing inground lawn sprinklers. I

turned
them on for the first time today and it appears there are 7 zones with 5
rotor heads apiece. Unfortunately they do not spray very far. (some

only
10 feet) I feel that it is because my house is on a pump. The pump

shows
about 33 lbs of static pressure. Also the line appears to be 3/4" not

1".
Can I correct this by adding a booster pump to the sprinkler system?

Will
it work with another pump?
I designed and installed the sprinkler system at our last house and it
worked great, however we were on city water at 90 psi.
The lawn here is beautiful sod and I don't want to have to dig it all

up.
Please help.
Thanks,
Jeff