Old 11-05-2003, 04:20 AM
Clarence

Default Pond spitters

"Jackytar" wrote in message
Hi, newbie here... first post. I've been enjoying the great advise of the
experts here.

My new home in Baton Rouge, Louisiana has a beautiful pond with waterfall
and river. This is my first pond and I'm surprised to find myself really
getting into it. Lots of fish and plantlife. So far (9mos) no major
problems. We have some good retailers here that have taught me a lot.

Anyhow, the previous owner took her pond spitters with her and I'm

shopping
for some new ones. The pump and tubing is still there. I'm a big fan of
things that last (in a throw-away world) so I'm leaning towards the cast
brass, bronze and concrete products. But of course there is a cost

penalty,
both in pricing and shipping expenses. Do the faux finish resin spitters
stay new looking for any amount of time? They will be exposed to some

pretty
intense sunlight year round.

Thanks,
Lawrence

We have a spitter in the form of a frog about 8 inches tall. It is made of
concrete or plaster with built in color and has glass eyes. Cost about $60
at local nursery. It has been in operation 3-4 years outdoors in Southern
CA and is in like-new condition. We are happy with it.

Best, Clarence