Old 09-05-2003, 09:08 PM
Jackytar

Default Pond spitters

Hi, newbie here... first post. I've been enjoying the great advise of the
experts here.

My new home in Baton Rouge, Louisiana has a beautiful pond with waterfall
and river. This is my first pond and I'm surprised to find myself really
getting into it. Lots of fish and plantlife. So far (9mos) no major
problems. We have some good retailers here that have taught me a lot.

Anyhow, the previous owner took her pond spitters with her and I'm shopping
for some new ones. The pump and tubing is still there. I'm a big fan of
things that last (in a throw-away world) so I'm leaning towards the cast
brass, bronze and concrete products. But of course there is a cost penalty,
both in pricing and shipping expenses. Do the faux finish resin spitters
stay new looking for any amount of time? They will be exposed to some pretty
intense sunlight year round.

Thanks,
Lawrence

Old 11-05-2003, 04:20 AM
Clarence

"Jackytar" wrote in message
[...]

We have a spitter in the form of a frog about 8 inches tall. It is made of
concrete or plaster with built in color and has glass eyes. Cost about $60
at local nursery. It has been in operation 3-4 years outdoors in Southern
CA and is in like-new condition. We are happy with it.

Best, Clarence

Old 11-05-2003, 07:32 AM
~ Windsong ~

In ,
Jackytar picked up the keyboard and pecked out:
Do
:: the faux finish resin spitters stay new looking for any amount of
:: time? They will be exposed to some pretty intense sunlight year
:: round.
========================
Mine still look brand new! They're out in the strong southern sun for
several years now. I got mine at Home Depot at the time. Get a brush on a
wire (made for aquarium tubing) to clean the tube that runs through it.
--
Carol.......
"Is it ok to use an AM radio after noon?"

Old 13-05-2003, 04:56 AM
Tom La Bron

Jackytar,

How it looks over time depends on how and what materials it was made of as
to how it will age or not age over time.

Tonight at our pond club meeting a gentleman showed slides of his trip to
Cologne, Germany to a water garden exhibit. In his slides was a spitter of
a man coming out of a barrel pond with hands looking like he was going to
heave himself up out of the water and he was spitting the water he had in
his mouth. It almost looked real, and it was really neat.

Tom L.L.
"Jackytar" wrote in message
OK, thanks for the replies!
Lawrence

. ..

Spitters ~ jan[_3_] Ponds (moderated) 1 14-07-2008 11:58 PM
my first pond and other first pond Scott Vande Krol Ponds 7 29-06-2003 07:08 PM
Spitters Priscilla McCullough Ponds 7 13-06-2003 11:44 AM
Leaves/Debris in Pond- Clean out in Koi Pond? MC Ponds 2 28-05-2003 03:08 PM
Shareholders Pond is an EPDM Pond BenignVanilla Ponds 5 28-04-2003 02:08 PM