Old 11-05-2003, 11:08 AM
Frogleg

Default Lawn Striper...need some input

On 11 May 2003 00:58:31 GMT, c (TOM KAN PA) wrote:

How long after the mowing does it retain the striped effect? Seems to me that
the rolled over grass would straighten up in a couple of hours.

Good point. It certainly couldn't last more than a day or 2,
considering the speed at which grass grows. Someone once mowed my lawn
diagonally (with respect to the border) and I thought it looked really
cool. That afternoon. The next day, it looked exactly the same as when
mowed back&forth, in diminishing squares, or as I have occasionally
done, in spirals.

A permanent stripey effect might be achieved by using different
varieties of grass, or selective fertilizing, which seems mean. :-)