Old 11-05-2003, 01:20 PM
Dwayne

Default Apple tree advice plz.

I would leave them on also. Then if enough haven't fallen naturally, you
can pick them as needed. I believe peaches should be thinned so you can get
4 fingers between them on each branch.
I would imagine it would be the same for apples.

Dwayne

"Stephen Goodall" wrote in message
I don't know if this is best practise but I always leave fruit on my tree

as
I find the majority drop off in July and I am left with just a few to eat

in
September.

"Mark" wrote in message
My apple trees are 3 yrs old now, so I'm going to let them fruit.

However
one of them has hundreds of small apples forming in clusters of 5, is it
best to remove them and have just one apple on each cluster, or will

this
occur naturally. I don't think it's strong enough to bear this amount of
fruit.

Thanks

Mark