Old 11-05-2003, 04:20 PM
dave weil

Default Granada is fabulous

On Sun, 11 May 2003 09:29:50 GMT, torgo
wrote:

Granada has finished off it's first flush with a cluster of large
blooms that takes my breath away every time I walk by. When I bought
it last July, my mother didn't think it would live. Now it's stealing
the show from the amaryllis.

Pics:
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/bgs12345/...ics_02/Pics_03

Really gorgeous!

Blue Girl has also come into bloom. This poor plant was a "rescue"
from Home Depot. It would have been a poster child for shutting down
the bagged rose trade - too much wax, virtually no roots, one cane
severed by the string holding it in place, etc, etc. I figured she
was already a ghost when I bought her, so I nicknamed her "Moaning
Myrtle".

I'm stunned she's still alive at all, never mind throwing out blooms.
I know she doesn't have the roots for it, so I'm cutting her bloom and
pruning off her other two buds later today. It seems a pity, but
she's been such a fighter that I want to make sure she lives long
enough to develop a good root system.

I have a feeling that this one's going to keep a special place in your
garden, even if it never goes wild.