Old 11-05-2003, 11:32 PM
Pat Meadows

Default Beet Seeds Not Germinating

On Thu, 8 May 2003 21:52:18 -0600, "Dwayne"
wrote:

Pat, when I come up against one that wont germinate, I plant them in pots
and set them on top of my refrigerator and freezer. I give them light and
usually within a few days most will come up. Beets take longer and may
require the extra warmth. I have also made a little planting room out of
the room that houses my heater and hot water heater. It stays between 70
and 75 degrees F. in there, and I have installed shelves and a grow light.
Things seem to do well there also. Hope this helps.

Thanks, but no, it doesn't help.

This year, I bought a 'mini greenhouse' - a little thing
that sits on a tabletop and keeps the temperature around 75
F for the seeds. Plus they stay properly moist. It's the
same idea as your planting room.

Even using that, I get very poor germination on these Golden
beets. Everything else has germinated quickly and well.

Pat