Old 12-05-2003, 12:56 AM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Default Pond PLant question: water celery

You can just let it be in the water. The roots will grow, and the top. See
if summer does not help. Ours is now trying to come up next to the pond,
through the dirt!

And, yes, you can eat it.

Jim

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per child) at: jogathon.net
"jammer" j@mmer wrote in message
news
When can you harvest it for salads?

JUST KIDDING!!

In 6 months or so, my water celery has stayed a smallish plant. I had
it in rocks in a pot and the roots grew out over the top into the
water. I repotted it in soil with gravel and rocks on top and the
roots, again, came out of the top in abundance. That's great that the
roots are so happy, but how do i get the leaves to grow?

Thanks.