Old 12-05-2003, 05:44 AM
John Rutz

Default water overflow? - newbie question

capTain wrote:
Thanks John,

I think I'll have to plan for a drain then.
I don't like the idea of the water running over onto my yard.
Is this any less a problem for larger ponds?
Or is it common for a good pond simply to have an overflow pipe?

thanks, Gary.

Gary

a lot of us plan a low spot in the pond edge somewhere around the pond
for drainage/overflow into yard or garden makes it easy when doing
water changes you can over fill the pond to get rid of some of the
amonia nitrite nitrate say 500 gal pond 10% = 50 gal so fill with 100
galons you get roughly the 10 % change also a planned outlet keeps
water away from areas where it could possibly hurt such as foundations

doesnt hurt the yard in fact it helps it the pond water is good
fertilizer

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com