Old 12-05-2003, 08:44 AM
len brauer

Default Staghorn problem

g'day david,

i've had lots of stag's in my time when they are that large or almost
any size i've never fed them just given the the right humidity and the
right water. what you need to do is mimmick what they get in the wild,
and mostly what they get is humidity and moisture.

it is too easy to over feed especially with material such as banana
skins and too easy to over or under water when they are that large.

i would suggest to modify your watering for now maybe a good deep
water once a week unless the plant gets a lot of sun or wind then
increase watering, the new frond growth will let you know when you get
it right.

len

snipped
--