Old 12-05-2003, 10:09 AM

Default Ways of edging vegetable growing areas

What do people suggest as the best ways of edging areas used to grow
vegetables?

We have a number of small vegetable plots we are 'developing' in our
garden which has no really natural borders (there's seven acres
altogether!). Currently they are just dug over areas in an area of
mown grass but it'll be much easier to keep them tidy and weed free if
they have edges.

I have put brick edging around one patch (where we're growing
strawberries very successfully) but would like to know of alternatives
that would be easier, cheaper and/or better.

--
Chris Green )