Old 12-05-2003, 10:57 AM
Julie

Default New Fish Problems

Thanks for replying!

Our pond is an odd shape, but at it's longest it is about 8ft, and at it's
widest is about 6ft and about 22 inches deep at the deepest end.

I guess I just need to be patient and wait for them to make an appearance
then?

Kind regards,

Julie
UK

"Just Me "Koi"" wrote in message
Sounds like all is great in your pond. It may take the goldfish a while

come out!

It seems as if filter is not a necessity with goldfish.

How big is your pond?

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

"Julie" wrote in message
Hi,

We have a new pond which has been filled up for a couple of months now.

We
have some plants in it and use Extract of Barley Straw to control the

algae.
We also have a pump/fountain, but no filter. It is beginning to clear
nicely.

On Friday of last week we bought two goldfish - the first to take a dip

in
our pond! Unfortunately, we haven't seen them since! Well, we can see

head poking out from under a rock occasionally - right at the bottom of

the
pond. Is this normal behaviour?

I am worried because three days have passed since they were put in the

pond
and they haven't eaten a thing since!

Any advice would be great!

Julie