Old 12-05-2003, 11:20 AM
Andrew G

Default Yellowing Azaleas

"Jane VR" wrote in message
u...

(From the book) Yellow leaves on azaleas are often from lime-induced
chlorosis, so have you been doing any concreting, or spread lime
anywhere else in the past 3 months? Maybe the rain washed it onto the
azaleas. The symptoms are yellowing of the new growth especially, with
the main veins often staying green (iron deficiency).

Will check the "vein" thing tomorrow. Did some concreting in one part of the
garden, but other parts are nowhere near the concreting.

It also mentions phytophthora. The symptoms for that are leaves
yellowing on one branch first, leaf drop and dieback.

This could be a possibility. I lost the leaves last year around the same
time after yellowing, to the point you could swear they were deciduous. My
g/f beleives the ground was too wet back then, she may be right. I just
thought the loss was due to the lace bug as I didn't spray for it last year
(Rogor not being a favourite of mine)
But Phytophora is a root rot IIRC. So quite possibly this is the case.
Thanks Jane, for the help, thanks too flossie.

--
Remove "not" from start of email address to reply

Mottled yellowing is probably due to lace bug.

HTH
Jane