Old 12-05-2003, 12:57 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

Default Pond PLant question: water celery

jammer wrote:
When can you harvest it for salads?

JUST KIDDING!!

In 6 months or so, my water celery has stayed a smallish plant. I had
it in rocks in a pot and the roots grew out over the top into the
water. I repotted it in soil with gravel and rocks on top and the
roots, again, came out of the top in abundance. That's great that the
roots are so happy, but how do i get the leaves to grow?

Thanks.

When the weather warms up, I have trouble keeping it under
control. I cut it every other week. Mine is just starting
to take off. The water celery that has sprung up along side
the pond seems to be growing faster at the moment.

--
Bonnie
NJ