Old 12-05-2003, 01:20 PM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Default Dont forget the net or screen!

15 gallons isn't very many. If there were a lot of tadpoles, you could
easily have a water problem. That, however, would not explain the missing
tadpoles! I would think 50 to 100 wold max out that much water, especially
if there is no filter or established nitrogen cycle bacteria.

ood luck next time.

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per child) at: jogathon.net
"jammer" j@mmer wrote in message
On Mon, 12 May 2003 00:16:53 -0500, "Phyllis and Jim Hurley"
wrote:

That's sad.

Wiped them out by eating or have they died...ammonia spike?

Jim

Most are out of the pool, gone. Some WERE found dead and I did a
partial water change. Just about 10-20% i guess.

Anything else i can do for them regarding water quality?

I started fretting over it and then thought in nature they have crap
for water sometimes, but then they aren't in plastic maybe, either.
There are many in the pond still , along with my 2 almost 4 inch
beauty goldfish, and too many baby ones found lately. (Found a dead
baby GF in the tadpole pool too) I figure when the tadpoles turn to
toads and hop out of the pond, i will clean the pond. IF the water
doesn't turn to crap before that.

Any advice to help everyone live? I have no filter or pump or test kit
(or knowledge of such thing) and a 70? gallon pondlet. I believe i
have sufficient vegetation in the pond due to lack of pond scum,
excess algea and relatively clear water. The kiddie pool on the other
hand has maybe 15-18 gallons of water, and only about 3 bunches of
anacharis and a potted iris for plant matter.

???????

juls/zone 7