Old 12-05-2003, 01:21 PM

Default Ways of edging vegetable growing areas

gastropod wrote:
4 inch softwood fence posts cost about 80p a foot, not sure about brick
costs, but this can be quite good. They can be lifted and treated annually
to ensure durability.
Neil

That's quite a good idea, I have some treated 4"x2" (or thereabouts)
fencing timber unused at the moment so I could try that for starters.

For the more rustic look (!) I also have some felled Leylandii trunks
which we kept because they were so straight. Having used some already
to mark out a manège I know they survive remarkably well on/in the
ground.

Thanks for your suggestion.

--
Chris Green )