Old 12-05-2003, 01:35 PM
Mark

Default New Fish Problems

"Julie" wrote in message
Hi,

We have a new pond which has been filled up for a couple of months now.

We
have some plants in it and use Extract of Barley Straw to control the

algae.
We also have a pump/fountain, but no filter. It is beginning to clear
nicely.

On Friday of last week we bought two goldfish - the first to take a dip in
our pond! Unfortunately, we haven't seen them since! Well, we can see a
head poking out from under a rock occasionally - right at the bottom of

the
pond. Is this normal behaviour?

I am worried because three days have passed since they were put in the

pond
and they haven't eaten a thing since!

When I first put fish in the pond (summer 2001), we had a small koi about
10cm long, in september he disappeared, I suspected he'd been eaten by a
predator. The following April he appeared happy as larry, so we now call him
Harry after houdini (sp?).

All the fish were really timid for months, but they now follow me round with
open mouths waiting to be fed. So you just need some patience :-)

Mark
UK