Old 12-05-2003, 02:19 PM
Bob

Default Sasa Must Go!!!

(Rodger Whitlock) wrote in message ...
On 8 May 2003 03:38:58 -0700, Bob wrote:

So, bamboo experts, does anyone have a suggestion for a replacement?
It would need to be low growing (3ft max - I already have some taller
bamboos) and clump forming, rather than the vigorous rampaging thugs I
have now!

Consider one of the smaller nandinas to get something of the same
effect.

Among the true bamboos, Shibatea kumusasa might be a good choice.

Nandina's featured in my original plan, but the nursery didn't have
any - I bought the Sasa instead. I pulled a 6ft runner out from under
the neighbours fence yesterday - it really has to go!

Thanks for the suggestion of the Shibatea - I'm off googling to see if
I can find a picture... :-)

Bob