Old 12-05-2003, 02:21 PM
Anthony E Anson

Default storage lifetime of glyphosate

The message
In article ,
"dave @ stejonda" writes:

| Does Glyphosate concentrate lose its efficacy over time?
|
| I have a bottle of Tumbleweed which I applied (diluted as per) 10 days
| ago to greenery and nothing has happened. Should I re-apply the same or
| rush out to buy anew?

On what? Some things are very resistant, and 10 days is not a long
time in cold weather. Undiluted glyphosate keeps for a long time.

It takes a while for it to act, and some plants don't show any signs for
a couple of weeks. I've used Roundup which was ten years old and noticed
no diminution of effect.

If what you are spraying isslightly oily, a touch of washing-up liquid
is beneficial (but not to the greenery!) but don't tell the EC Police...

--
Tony
Replace solidi with dots to reply: tony/anson snailything zetnet/co/uk

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi