Old 12-05-2003, 04:08 PM
Larry Blanchard

Default Species Roses

In article ,
says...

This is the first time I too have heard a hardiness complaint about
Dortmund. In fact, Cornhill Nursery in zone 4, up here in N.B.
Canada sells it, and they only sell the toughest roses. They do
warn that it will suffer some die-back, but bounce back.
Maybe the rose was suffering other problems and the cold finished
it off.

That's quite possible. It was quite a few years back, so my memory may
not be as detailed as it should. I don't remember a problem before
winter, but there may have been one that was not apparent.

--
To announce that there must be no criticism of the president or that we
are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic