Old 12-05-2003, 05:44 PM
PraGir

Default Preparing plant beds .. !!

Hi,

We are planning on preparing a couple of plant beds on both sides of
the house. Our house is just a year old, and did not have grass on the
sides before. I did a aerating and seeding late last fall and most of
the grass has not shown up. On the area, where I am planning the plant
beds, there are small shoots of grass in patches. I tilled the parts
that have longer grass. But in most parts, the grass is not taller
than an inch.

Would it be allright, if I just cleared out the planting area but just
dumped mulch on the other parts? I have fescue, so would the small
grass die beneath the mulch?? I know it sounds cruel, but..:-)

thanks.