Old 12-05-2003, 06:20 PM
Victor Grund

Default cutting lawn

The settings on many spreaders are not necessarily linear, so you aren't
necessarily delivering half the amount if you half the setting.

"Chris" wrote in message
45...
"Al Giordano" wrote in
.net:

I actually fertilize DURING my first cut. The long grass helps line
up the rows and overlap so that I don't get any lines without food. I
pull a fertilizer/aerator with my lawn tractor.

Al

"brian johnson" wrote in message
.. .
I've yet to fertilize my lawn this year and now it needs a cut.
Should I fertilize before or after my cut?

If its helpful I'm in London Ontario. Between Detroit and Toronto.

To avoid gaps, I use a drop spreader set for 1/2 the mfg. reccomended
setting. Then cover the area in 2 different directions (north/south then
east/west) This gives the best overall results IMHO.

Chris