Old 12-05-2003, 10:56 PM
Theo van Daele

Default Just bought a wounded Koi

Thanks Jan,

I'll take a better pic in the next few days, but the "main structure" indeed
seems to be intact.

I normally am very weary of sales weasels, but he did point out (after he
thought I didn't want to buy the fish) that the fin was already growing, but
it was still "transparant" and it might take a few years before it would get
it's normal color.

That said, it wasn't much about the money ... just liked the little guy :-)

And yes, I can totally relate to your ooh/aahh comment.

In the mean time, he/she is very active in the feeding frenzy. So I guess
it's gonna be just fine Sue Ellen ;-)

Theo

"~ jan" schreef in bericht
Theo,

The picture looks like it's just a bite out of the fin, if the main

frontal
ray/bone is still there, undamaged, the whole fin should recover.... what

can tell from the picture, if I'm seeing what I'm seeing..... I bet

within
1 or 2 years all is fine. So you got a good deal. ~ jan

PS If one ever has a pretty fish with a whole fin missing don't point it
out. I went to a meeting and the prettiest fish we all ooh and aah over

had
a pectoral fin totally gone, none of us even noticed till the owner

pointed
it out.

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/