Old 13-05-2003, 12:20 AM
Adam Schwartz

Default Salvia turning black

"Tom Jaszewski" wrote in message
On Mon, 12 May 2003 17:40:09 GMT, "Adam Schwartz"
wrote:

How do I know if I'm overwatering or underwatering a
plant?

Get your fingers dirty and feel the soil, or get a soil probe.

"Nature, left alone, is in perfect balance.
Harmful insects and plant diseases are always present,
but do not occur in nature to an extent which requires the use of

poisonous chemicals.
The sensible approach to disease and insect control is to grow sturdy

crops in a healthy environment."

Masanobu Fukuoka, One Straw Revolution--1978

I can tell if the soil is wet. What I meant was, how do I know how much
water is ideal for the plant? If the plant starts to look bd, how do I know
whether I'm overwatering it or underwatering it?