Old 13-05-2003, 12:44 AM
animaux

Default Trim a new redbud tree

This top heavy feature is common for redbud saplings. I didn't prune mine till
it was in the ground for a few years. I kept it limbed up, but never top a
tree. In other words, if a central leader is not doing what you want, find
another leader and train that. Patience...

On Mon, 12 May 2003 14:38:38 GMT, whit .*ork wrote:

Howdy, our new redbud tree is doing quite nicely, it's about 4' tall and
has lots of new leaves. But it has a branch that is weighing down the
top causing it to droop. I'd like to trim this one branch off, but I
don't want to do it any harm or have it sprout a dozen new branches from
near the cut.

It's been in the ground about a month, can I trim it now or should I
wait?

Thanx