Old 13-05-2003, 12:56 AM
animaux

Default systemic insecticide

On Mon, 12 May 2003 23:04:36 GMT, "seepnezorf1" wrote:

I'm in zone 6 and our guide books tell us that for taking care of lilacs and
systemic insecticide must be used. What exactly is that and what makes it
different from a regular insecticide?

Oh, it not only poisons all the above ground insects who pierce and suck or chew
foliage, but it kill soil biota as well. Do you have a problem with insects
right now? If not,why do you need a systemic? A systemic is a pesticide which
is taken up into the plant by its roots and makes toxic every cell in the entire
plant and most of the soil the plant is in.