Old 13-05-2003, 01:32 AM
Irrational Number

Default Top ten uses for discarded rose canes

R & L Porter wrote:

3. Cat deterrence -- okay so this one may be tedious,
and I know that cats and rosarians have this
special sort of relationship (as in creepy), but if one
could pick off each thorn from each cane these
could be scattered around precious plants we don't
want our kitties fertilizing. Don't knock it until you've
tried it.

This works wonders! Neighbourhood cats were
coming into the back yard to dig up our herbs
and other plants. With rose canes everywhere
last season, I guess they've learned enough so
that this season, they don't come around anymore!

-- Anita --
No. Calif. Zone 8