Old 13-05-2003, 02:20 AM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Default New Fish Problems

Food will do it. Right now you are a BIG predator. When you feed, you
might try tapping the side or splashing with your fingers. They don't think
much, but the will make the association in due season. They will know when
you approach. You could at first approach and then toss some food on.
stand still and watch. They will come in due season. Ours are like most
people's, they know where they get fed and come when we move to the pond.

Good luck.

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per child) at: jogathon.net
"Julie" wrote in message
Hi,

We have a new pond which has been filled up for a couple of months now.

We
have some plants in it and use Extract of Barley Straw to control the

algae.
We also have a pump/fountain, but no filter. It is beginning to clear
nicely.

On Friday of last week we bought two goldfish - the first to take a dip in
our pond! Unfortunately, we haven't seen them since! Well, we can see a
head poking out from under a rock occasionally - right at the bottom of

the
pond. Is this normal behaviour?

I am worried because three days have passed since they were put in the

pond
and they haven't eaten a thing since!

Any advice would be great!

Julie