Old 13-05-2003, 02:20 AM
Lee Brouillet

Default Just bought a wounded Koi

Katie was about 3-4 weeks old when some a**hole went driving through rush
hour traffic, throwing puppies out the driver's side window INTO on-coming
traffic. She was the only survivor, and suffered radial nerve paralysis from
getting hit by a car. Her lower jaw is also about an inch smaller than her
upper jaw, due to damage from getting hit and/or tossed. We spent several
thousand $$ trying to save her leg because she touched us so much, but in
the end had to have her left front leg amputated for her own sake. She's 9
years old now, and a very pampered and spoiled pooch!

Your fish sounds like she'll be OK. With a nub, the fin will grow back; it
may be stunted, but she'll adjust.

Lee

"Theo van Daele" wrote in message
Alrighty, PECTORAL fin it is Angina Pectoris... language eh.

Yeah, I'm a softy. Liked the fish so bought it :blush: It's already

taking
part in the feeding frenzy, after being 6 hours in the pond !

One handed, photos... erm, let's not go there, I might get thrown off

this
newsgroup ;-)

Sam, there certainly is a "nub", it's moving etc, so it might just grow

back
?

The longer I observe these animals, the more respect I have for them. In
fact, for most animals.

A 3-legged dog sounds cool to me :-)

Theo

"Lee Brouillet" schreef in bericht
Theo! I don't know if the PECTORAL fin will grow back or not. If the

fish
has adjusted to its loss (and from your description, it has!), then it

will
do just fine (and you've adopted a "special needs" fishie!). I have a
3-legged dog, you can have a 1 finned fish! And if the fin does grow

back,
it's a bonus (unfortunately, Katie's leg won't do that . . .). The

second
photo is pretty cool! You must be very adept at taking photos

one-handed!