Old 13-05-2003, 04:20 AM
animaux

Default Tomatoes in Austin

On Tue, 13 May 2003 03:13:57 GMT, "Terry R. Grier" wrote:

I planted one plant on sunday.....

I do not remember what "type" I got... I was hoping for a plain ol good
round matoe...

Do they grow here in Austin? I planted it in a pot.. not the ground...
bugs? bad here?

They should have been planted two months ago. It's way too late, unless you got
cherry tomatoes or 'Heatwave' or 'Merced' or any number of heat tolerant
tomatoes. Even those which are tolerant of high nighttime temperatures will not
set fruit once the night temps are above 70. You next best shot at tomatoes
will be in late July for the fall garden.