Old 13-05-2003, 04:32 AM
Kelly

Default Filling holes and "dents" in my lawn

(Duane Morin) wrote in message . com...
This is probably a FAQ but I can't find it. I have a variety of holes
in my lawn, ranging from tiny but deep ones that look like something a
snake might live in, to larger "indentations" that are just big and
deep enough that if you stepped in one funny you'd twist an ankle, all
the way up to areas of the lawn that look like they're sloping off
more than they should (and perhaps more than they did last year).

I don't think I can do anything about the latter (although I am afraid
about "sinkholes" that my neighbor keeps talking about, Ive heard
those can really screw with your foundation). But as for the other
two, what are they and how to I fix/fill? I have a zillion chipmunks,
are they digging the holes? What can I use to fill in the
anklebreakers?

Is the ground squishy when you walk on it? Or, do you see raised
areas that could be tunnels underground? We have moles and have a
similar situation, except that where the holes are the ground gives
under foot.