Old 13-05-2003, 05:56 AM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Default Pond PLant question: water celery

It is not Vallisneria americana. I used to grow that in my fish tanks. No
way that escapes onto the lawn!

Jim

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per child) at: jogathon.net
"GD" wrote in message
I don't need any, thanks. What you call water celery mustn't be what
I call water celery. Vallisneria americana does not survive out of
water. Got pictures?

"Phyllis and Jim Hurley" wrote:

Hi GD,

Yep. The water celery seems also to be a terrestrial. It comes out and
sends runners under the rocks. It surfaces on the berm behind the veggie
pond/fileters. In the hot summer, it does poorly on the berm. In the
spring, it thrives. The mower does the trick.

Want some?