Old 13-05-2003, 12:08 PM
Sue Alexandre

Default Raising Worms for fish food

Hi.
I've been reading about raising worms to use as food for my pond fish, and
just ordered 100 red worms online. I have the Rubbermaid bin, peat moss,
and corn meal, and am anxiously awaiting their arrival. Has anyone here
ever done that, and if so, any tips or suggestions or advice you can offer?
I live in Connecticut, and plan on keeping their "home" behind our storage
shed where it's totally treed and shaded. My fish LOVE earthworms as a
treat, but in order to feed all of them worms regularly, I'd have to dig up
my yard on a daily basis - this seemed like the perfect solution. Wish me
luck!
Sue and her Zoo