Old 13-05-2003, 01:56 PM
Adrian Chapman

Default Apple tree advice plz.

In article , Alan Holmes
wrote:

Wait until after the June drop, then look to thining them, depending on the
variety I would leave either one or two in a cluster.

I live next to a small orchard - around 100000 apple and pear trees
Only last week men were out there cutting off many branches festooned
with blossom. This was being done to increase the size of the apples
so maybe this is better than just thinning out the clusters. However,
I suspect thinning out clusters on thousands of trees might be a bit
too time consuming.

--
Adrian

"Theory and practice are the same in theory, but different in practice"