Old 13-05-2003, 02:20 PM
william kossack

Default hair algae

I have not gone to CO2 yet because of the price. I do occationally put in
some Excel but that can be expensive also.

I met someone with a pond with lots of hair algae. What would be their
solution?

SteveG wrote:

This type of algae(actually any type of algae) seems to feed on aquarium
imbalance.
With that much lighting, are you supplememting CO2? Or atleast enough CO2?

"william kossack" wrote in message
I ran into someone at a nursery that had a hair algae problem in his
pond. He was wanting to know how to control it.

I did not have a clue for such a large outside body of water so I sent
him to one of my favorite aquarium stores that helped me when I was
having trouble.

Now I've noticed a little hair algae in my tank. I've got SAE and Otts
working hard. I'm running 2 55watt lights on a 65 gallon freshwater
tank. My nitrate is running between 10-5 ppm.